Violent Crimes Lawyer in Long Island
Serving Clients in Nassau County, Suffolk County, Brooklyn & Queens
Few criminal charges are more heavily prosecuted than acts of violence. If convicted, those accused could face decades in prison along with huge fines. Austin Law Associates, P.C. helps those who have been charged with violent crimes to avoid the devastating consequences of a criminal conviction by telling their side of the story in a compelling way. If you were arrested for a violent crime, let us help. We offer free consultations to get you pointed in the right direction.
Dial (516) 548-5996 now or contact us online to schedule your free consultation with Austin Law Associates, P.C.
What Constitutes a Violent Crime?
As violent criminals are considered more dangerous to society, prosecutors will use any number of tactics to paint you as a villain who needs to be kept away from people. Our firm can fight for your dignity and your rights.
We defend violent crimes such as:
The State of New York is considered to be one of the harsher states when it comes to consequences for these crimes. You need a lawyer on your side who understands how to tell your side of the story and work toward a reduced sentence.
Over 25 Years of Experience
With a 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating, Stuart Austin understands effective strategies that can help you protect your future.
Some potential strategies we may use include:
- Self-defense: An unprovoked crime is completely different than protecting oneself from dangerous circumstances. We can help you show that any violent tendencies you exhibited were a result of the situation—not your criminal nature.
- Necessity: Did you act violently to prevent something worse from happening? During our free consultation, we can go over your case to find out if your motive for acting this way came from an interest in the greater good.
- Duress: Not all crimes occur because someone wanted them to. In some cases, another person coerced the perpetrator into behaving violently. We can uncover the full story of your case to help you tell it in court.
- Lack of specific intent: It is up to the prosecutor to ensure your guilt is beyond reasonable doubt. If no criminal statute fits the description of your actions—in other words, if no specific law was broken—you should not suffer criminal consequences.
- Insanity: Sometimes, otherwise stable and healthy people can lose themselves in the heat of a moment. If you committed an act of violence for some reason other than a vicious intent, we may be able to show that it won’t happen again.
Call (516) 548-5996 Now
No matter which strategy we end up using, you should get started as soon as possible. With enough time, we can prepare a case using evidence the prosecution overlooked. We can help you better understand the challenges you face and prepare for the events to come. You do not have to face your situation alone. Call our Long Island criminal defense lawyer today and schedule your free consultation.
Dial (516) 548-5996 now.
Over 25 Years of Experience
Thousands of Cases Handled
We Only Practice Criminal Defense
Strong Relationships in the Local Courts
Free Initial Consultations